Acura NSX 0-60 Test With The Fast Lane Car - Page 2 - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 10:58 AM

Starting to think Acura should hold some events for owners do make this happen, I think some other supercar makers have done this.
Sometimes its even carried out by some dealers in areas with a lot of NSX owners.

If that doesn't happen, then keep an eye out at your local autocross event, might be some guys showing up with some sticky rubbers to run the straights and through turns.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 08:11 AM

Most definitely, I think it's a great way to really show a car's "stock" potential.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 12:32 PM

I wonder if the NSX has an adaptable ecu that can change the fuel trim when you put race gas in it on its own... ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 03:32 PM

I heard a lot of cars are like that or at least adjust for some variation in the octane you use, so if you stay within a few numbers it shouldn't be a problem. As for a big jump in octane I don't know the impact it can have. Best to consult Acura or someone that knows these systems.

post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 03:48 PM

True.. the last thing we want is to go from 93 octane to 110 and have a bad experience..
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-06-2016, 03:36 PM

Potentially break some pistons, ruin some bearings, etc.
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 09:27 AM

Besides wasting money on higher octane fuel when not necessary, it also requires more heat and more precision to burn correctly. This could cause the NSX to produce less power since the fuel isn't burning properly and sometimes, in extreme cases, it could destroy the engine. Don't see why people just don't follow the suggested fuel octane rating.

post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 11:58 AM

Because everyone wants to be the next premier performance engineer. That and a lot of people get over run by placebo effects
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 02:25 PM

No ... it's because everyone knows when you put 110 octane or C16 in your gas tank, your car automatically because a race car. What could possibly go wrong with that ?! My buddies friend did it and he gained quite a few seconds off of his quarter-mile that he timed with his stop-watch and odometer.
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 03:07 PM

overall I think most people will stick with what's recommended for the vehicle and you really can't go wrong with that. For most, the slight bit of gain in performance won't make a difference. After all, just look where most vehicles are driven.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page