Walk Through The NSX Factory With HondaPro Jason - Page 2 - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016, 09:03 AM

That's the test mule, I thought each produced NSX has to have their suspension tested too?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 09:01 AM

there's only so much you can bounce the NSX around with its low ground clearance. Any more than what you see in the video and the bottom of the car could be scraped.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 11:28 AM

They probably have a small test track at the factory or within its area that they do some live testing on. Also seen some car makers have simulation machines indoors that they just drive onto once the car comes off the line. Too bad they didn't show that but maybe with the closer we get to seeing production models hit the street we'll see more footage come out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastAcura View Post
It still amazes me that you can take delivery and right away kill it on the track, all in the same day.

Great for Acura since people get to see its potential instantly which is important during a time where we want thing instantly and need results ASAP. It should go a long way in getting more interest in the NSX.
I'd like to be one of the first NSX owners who'll bring theirs from the dealer and straight to the track (a real road course, not point & shoot 1/4 mile).
RedNSX likes this.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 09:07 AM

If breaking in a new car can now be done electronically, wonder why they don't do it more often for other cars.

post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 08:55 AM

I find it hard to believe that the factory break in is purely done by a computer. One reason cars are broken in by driving is to make sure the piston rings seal against the cylinder bores. Gases emitted during running force the rings outwards. The NSX is a hybrid so it still has a normal engine so I assume the same would apply here too.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-05-2016, 09:06 AM

Heard the NSX factory isn't just for rolling out the NSX, it's also going to be their test factory for production methods that should eventually spread to other Honda production plants.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page