2016+ Acura NSX Forum

2016+ Acura NSX Forum (https://www.nsxforums.com/forum/)
-   2016+ Acura NSX News (https://www.nsxforums.com/forum/2016-acura-nsx-news/)
-   -   Preliminary European Pricing for the NSX Announced! (https://www.nsxforums.com/forum/2016-acura-nsx-news/5937-preliminary-european-pricing-nsx-announced.html)

mr.smith 03-04-2016 01:55 PM

Preliminary European Pricing for the NSX Announced!

http://blog.caranddriver.com/wp-cont...19-626x382.jpg

The NSX was first launched in North America with an Acura badge, but it will also be sold in Europe with a Honda badge. In anticipation of order books being opened for European customers, Honda has announced preliminary pricing for the continent.

The Honda NSX will begin at 180,000 (equivalent to $196,330) in Germany. In Great britain the NSX will carry a starting price tag of approximately 130,000 ($180,400).

Ordering books for European customers are set to open in April with the first European NSX deliveries scheduled for the fall. The continent will be "the leading export region for sales of NSX", which "will be sold through a limited network of authorized dealers in key European locations."

Complete details on pricing have not yet been revealed, but North American pricing does give some insight as to what to expect. In North America the Acura NSX has a starting price of $156,000. A full compliment of options can bring the price up to $220,000. Some of those options include the premium blue color for $6,000, the carbon fibre engine cover for $3,600, the silver brake calipers for $10,600, and the carbon fibre exterior package for $9,000.

1fastAcura 03-07-2016 10:13 AM

If someone can design an attractive and functional (improves performance) plenum for the NSX i'll gladly buy it and do away with an engine cover. There's just nothing better than an engine that actually looks good and ferrari does a good job of this with their intake plenums.

RedNSX 03-08-2016 08:51 AM

Europe is paying around 30k more for the NSX. Think it's a deterrent to those who were thinking of buying it?

1fastAcura 03-08-2016 11:09 AM

Not even at the slightest, think about it for a moment, if you can actually afford a $100k+ car and really like the NSX, you'll get it. The same can't be said for those shopping in segments much, much lower, they just don't have as much resources to tap into to move up in price that works out to be an increase percentage in the teens

St.Who 03-08-2016 04:07 PM

I agree mostly with @1fastAcura but the price increase will have a ever so slight affect. I think it's generally true that if you increase the price, less people will buy it. It shouldn't make a big difference though.

RedNSX 03-09-2016 08:57 AM

Was just thinking if that 180,000 MSRP will bring them up into a price bracket with even more competitive sports cars. Add in all the accessories and they could just get a more powerful sport scar from another brand instead.

1fastAcura 03-09-2016 10:35 AM

You guys are missing the point here, it's not about price, at this point price is almost irrelevant. We know what segment its in and what the range of price for that segment is typically at, anyone with the money to actually afford a vehicle in that segment has the money to move quite freely up some big percentages in price.

We know the price, good, move on.

St.Who 03-10-2016 01:27 PM

Well, I read today that the price is going to be jacked up with dealer markups anyway, so the base price may be meaningless.

RedNSX 03-11-2016 08:46 AM

Since Europe is "the leading export region for sales of NSX", I assume they'll be getting the bulk of the NSX allocation and everyone else will have to fight for the rest of them.

1fastAcura 03-11-2016 11:14 AM

I think it will be just as hard anywhere to get one of these, it all depends on what you have done before now to get one since at this point it can be said, it's too late. Some guys have placed pre-orders 2-3 years ago.

And i'm sure Acura did their allocation based on the rate these will be scooped at which all car makers do.