2017 Acura NSX Configurator Is Now Live - Page 2 - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-19-2016, 01:36 PM

If you want some exclusivity or the feeling of it, that would be a good idea. Just ask yourself when last and how often have you seen them since release? Because I'm sure it's not often at all.

Plus it's just about the best version of the Viper (to me). Perfect mix of a pure American car with some European influence.

And if you can push for ACR ownership, here's view of what to expect:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-19-2016, 03:07 PM

With the ACR pushing roughly $120k sub taxes, I think it's a steal... 645hp, 640lb-ft of torque
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 08:24 AM

I think it'll really come down to your exterior styling preferences. As much as it has that italian styling tied in, it just looks like an aggressive obnoxious beast on the road. As the NSX looks a lot more sleek, refined, and elegant... Perhaps like a Swan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 08:59 AM

If you're adding the viper to your car collection, then chances are you won't be driving it that often compared to a daily driver like the NSX. To each their own and if you can afford both, why not?

post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 11:18 AM

I've actually read a review about someone attempting to daily drive a viper. It was compared to playing darts with a sledge hammer. Unaware if they were talking about the Gen2 though..
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNSX View Post
If you're adding the viper to your car collection, then chances are you won't be driving it that often compared to a daily driver like the NSX. To each their own and if you can afford both, why not?
That is indeed a downside but it really depends on the individual, some people can really put up with driving a car like that every day. It just takes a serious gear head to do that. I've seen guys drive fully track prepped Hondas on the street, these things were barely street legal.
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastAcura View Post
That is indeed a downside but it really depends on the individual, some people can really put up with driving a car like that every day. It just takes a serious gear head to do that. I've seen guys drive fully track prepped Hondas on the street, these things were barely street legal.
Definitely. Given in my younger years, I've driven Hondas with solid mounts all around, gutted interior, straight piped, etc. I really don't mind the "lack of luxuries" and rough rides. I actually quite enjoy it.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
Definitely. Given in my younger years, I've driven Hondas with solid mounts all around, gutted interior, straight piped, etc. I really don't mind the "lack of luxuries" and rough rides. I actually quite enjoy it.
yeah and these days most cars that are made with daily driving in mind are more than good enough. It might discourage the new comer to the brand but someone who really wants the NSX will have no problem putting it up to daily.
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 02:06 PM

Agree completely. These are enthusiast vehicles meant for the drive.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-26-2016, 08:44 AM

Was looking at the configuration page and found this picture where the grille is two different colors. Is this just form lighting or is there another grille option we can choose?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page