NSX 001 Headed to Barrett-Jackson - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-18-2015, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

NSX 001 Headed to Barrett-Jackson

The first officially produced NSX to roll off the assembly line will be boxed up and sent to Scottsdale, Arizona for the Barrett-Jackson auction in late January.

“The very first production NSX will be such a special and historic vehicle, so we wanted to make sure we treat the sale of it in an equally special way,” said Jon Ikeda, vice president and general manager of the Acura Division. “It will be available for purchase by anyone – anyone that is, who submits the highest bid for VIN number 001 at the world famous Barrett-Jackson auction.”

The winning bidder will then get to customize the NSX to their taste. All proceeds will benefit the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation and Camp Southern Ground.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-18-2015, 01:15 PM

Being Barret Jackson, i'm going to guess it's going to be around $250k

Japanese vehicles have been picking up momentum on american auctions with classic Japanese cars, with Toyota's 2000 GT showing how high it can get. SO that might help with the great opportunity the new NSX presents.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-19-2015, 06:13 PM

1st ...I suspect it's gonna go reasonably higher. I'd say at least 300k and probably somewhat more.
2nd... This is a noble gesture by ACURA though in line what others have done in past.
3rd... I wonder how Acura ran this by Jay & Jerry who were promised #s 1 & 2 back in 2012 for payment of super bowl commercial. Jay spoke on that in a Recent video while commenting on the newbie. I recall he said that he's not much of a red car guy but he liked the V Red Pearl so much that it was what he'd be requesting. Maybe they all agreed to it and will be bidding since Good guys and a good causes go together?
Guess time will tell.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-20-2015, 01:43 AM

Hmmm
I just reread the initial posting of info and doesn't it seem to conflict itself? It says the first official one built (which one assumes that is serial #1) will be packaged and sent for auction. Then it states the winning bidder will get to customize their actual car. I'm guessing the car at actuation will be actually be fairly current/recent proto such as have been out for testing and the winner will get to decide the details for numerous 00001.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetman View Post
Hmmm
I just reread the initial posting of info and doesn't it seem to conflict itself? It says the first official one built (which one assumes that is serial #1) will be packaged and sent for auction. Then it states the winning bidder will get to customize their actual car. I'm guessing the car at actuation will be actually be fairly current/recent proto such as have been out for testing and the winner will get to decide the details for numerous 00001.
Yea I thought that was odd as well, but the wording seems to come from Acura themselves.

Unless what they mean is Acura will open up the catalog and allow you to go bonkers... not sure though TBH. Most places are working from the same information.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-24-2015, 09:46 AM

It would make sense for them to take preproduction model to the auction house for potential bidders to check out, which helps to secure more bidders and inform people at the event, so that's what they could have meant by first official one.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-24-2015, 11:42 AM

Guess Jay & Jerry will have to figure out who gets #2 and #3 now.
Also interesting to see the other cars going up for auction there but it's all older models and not new like the NSX.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-24-2015, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNSX View Post
Guess Jay & Jerry will have to figure out who gets #2 and #3 now.
Also interesting to see the other cars going up for auction there but it's all older models and not new like the NSX.
Barrett-Jackson is for collector cars, thats why OEMs have been turning to them recently to auction off VIN #1, I think Ford and Chevy have done it in the last year or so...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page