Acura ‘Gears Up’ to Take NSX Racing - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 08:17 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Acura ‘Gears Up’ to Take NSX Racing

Honda has made clear its intentions to take the NSX racing, both in its home country of Japan, and America, and with the announcement of a new technical partnership today that becomes a step closer to reality.

In a statement today, Honda Performance Development and Magneti Marelli S.p.A. have announced a technical partnership to co-develop new components for use in racing. Magneti Marelli is perhaps best know for manufacturing components that control robotized manual transmissions, from dual-clutch versions on street cars, to racing versions on Formula One cars.

Initially the two entities will work on development of powertrain component for use in Honda’s future IndyCar open wheel race cars, though from there it will extend to sports car racing, including the future combined American Le Mans Series and Grand-Am series, as well as even the World Endurance Championship (WEC).

While Honda has yet to confirm this road racing plan includes the Acura NSX, it’s a major hint. Honda’s mention of the WEC is also a clear indication that the Japanese automaker intends to compete at the 24 Hours of Le Mans, which is one of the eight races in that series.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2013, 08:39 AM

Post NSX racing info....

hii,, there, this is john,///\\\///\\\ wow ...it very nice... but it better of you...and i have no more detail about it ... but its fantastic
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-19-2013, 10:29 AM

I know Honda's recent announcement of a return to F1 have a lot of people happy but I would rather those resources be funneled towards sports car racing and compete with Porsche, Audi, Corvette, ect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-22-2013, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
I know Honda's recent announcement of a return to F1 have a lot of people happy but I would rather those resources be funneled towards sports car racing and compete with Porsche, Audi, Corvette, ect.

They will. they are planning on return to JGTC and competing in United Sportscar (formly the ALMS and Grand-Am)
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-27-2013, 10:20 AM

PD Cunningham @ RTR has all but admitted to that team getting one for USCR in late 2014
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukem View Post
They will. they are planning on return to JGTC and competing in United Sportscar (formly the ALMS and Grand-Am)
Can't wait for a new JGTC NSX. Seeing how crazy those cars look with their functional widebody's I know the new NSX will just look KILLER!

I bet before the real thing is out, we'll see JGTC NSX rendering's.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 08:31 PM

Like this one

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 07:26 PM

^^ That looks good
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-05-2013, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukem View Post
Like this one

That looks perfect! Still can't wait to see a widebody JGTC Acura NSX race car, nothing beats how amazing those functional widebody racecars look.

here's a look at an old JGTC NSX:

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013, 01:34 AM

funny the new nsx doesn't even need a widebody aero pakage..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page