2016 Acura NSX Spotted in the Wild - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-29-2015, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
Community Manager/Admin

Garage
2016 Acura NSX Spotted in the Wild

It appears that Acura is benchmarking the new NSX against some of the world’s finest sports cars.

Photos of the 2016 Acura NSX out in the wild were posted onto the internet, showing the Japanese automaker’s hybrid sports car driving with a Porsche 911 and sitting beside an Audi R8. While the NSX has already been seen at auto shows and even racing up Pikes Peak, this is the first sighting of these production-spec cars on the streets.

SEE ALSO: The Baby Honda NSX Could Look Like This

Revealed in production form earlier this year at the Detroit Auto Show, the 2016 Acura NSX features a hybrid powertrain that will make at least 550 hp, although exact final specifications have not yet been revealed. It is powered by a twin-turbo, V6 engine and will feature the company’s Super Handling AWD technology.

Expect more information on the 2016 Acura NSX to surface as it gets closer to going on sale later this year.

Update: Acura has posted up that it’s taking the Acura NSX on tour and is promoting it on social media using #AcuraNSXOnTour. As the hybrid sports car undergoes road testing in the U.S. throughout the summer, the automaker will be making numerous stops so that enthusiasts can get an up close and personal look at the NSX.

More Info Here: 2016 Acura NSX Spotted in the Wild

Jeff
Community Manger
AutoGuide.com

If you need Admin assistance please post here:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-29-2015, 12:43 PM

Never noticed the white dots in the front fascia. Everything I have seen before this shows that just in black.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-30-2015, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Who View Post
Never noticed the white dots in the front fascia. Everything I have seen before this shows that just in black.
Noticing this for the first time and it's something i'm a big fan of since it adds some much needed detail to the NSX, maybe something we'll see used throughout the brand, much better than this:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-30-2015, 12:28 PM

I just wonder where this difference is coming from. Is it a trim level? Is it just a change that they did now? Is it something that is custom for this particular unit?
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 10:33 AM

I'm not a big fan of it in pictures but maybe it'll look better in real life. Probably comes standard as I assume those spied shots were of the production model.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 11:52 AM

One thing to note is we might see aftermarket options become available. Just not sure exactly what sort of things we'll eventually see

post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 12:52 PM

I think I'd prefer the black filling instead of the white details we see here.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-02-2015, 10:31 AM

There's always the option to just plasti dip it if the NSX front fascia turns out to be and ugly white and black.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-02-2015, 10:52 AM

This is the only photo I have seen with the white bits which makes me think that the black is the norm and this is the outlier.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-02-2015, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast&Furious View Post
There's always the option to just plasti dip it if the NSX front fascia turns out to be and ugly white and black.
One color I can see it looking good on is white, on red... i'm not so sure.

White will help to hide it more and might even be the best with complementing it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page