Acura NSX Sees Prices Soar With Dealer Markups - Page 2 - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-16-2016, 01:31 PM

OK, responding with the same exact quote isn't really saying anything.

Some may just pay the extra. Some may not want to spend the extra on principle, and some people may not have that extra money as this is a reach purchase for them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 07:56 AM

I guess some has the money to pay with and pay the extra to get first dibs on the car... and some can wait it out and wait for reviews and catch those bugs to fix (if any). Sucks that they would do that though, but I get understand it from the business point, it's the numbers of sales in the end (the more they can profit, why not take advantage right).

I personally wouldn't pay extra to get it...
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 08:51 AM

Too bad manufacturers don't have any pricing influence on dealerships. Would be great if they can regulate it so that price gouging isn't an issue anymore but dealerships will throw a fit if that's even suggested.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 09:55 AM

Rare is that ever something that happens, only one I can recall is Scion.

But just about every time you get this high up it always happens and it makes sense, especially when you're working with a demographic that would budge on the slight increase just to get what they want. The same can't be said for those shopping in segments priced well under 1/2 the NSX's price.

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016, 08:54 AM

Would be great if manufacturers followed Tesla's selling model and sold directly to the buyers themselves instead of going through a dealership. buyers would benefit from it and so will the manufacturers since they would be profiting from the extras ppl buy (warranty) along with the vehicle servicing charges.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastAndFurious View Post
Would be great if manufacturers followed Tesla's selling model and sold directly to the buyers themselves instead of going through a dealership. buyers would benefit from it and so will the manufacturers since they would be profiting from the extras ppl buy (warranty) along with the vehicle servicing charges.
If that ever happens on a mainstream level I can't imagine it happening any time soon. One small step was with I think BMW allowing people to buy vehicles online or through an APP.

Aside from that, buying high end vehicles like supercars, megacars, luxury exotics might have that direct from manufacture to consumer connection.

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-06-2016, 08:36 AM

Looks like a dealer in the Los Angeles area marked up the NSx by $50,000. The additional $50k was added as “current market value”. Crummy dealing and at that point buyers may as well look elsewhere. This is hurting the dealership and Acura in the long run.

post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-06-2016, 08:48 AM

$50k markup is insanity. Absolute insanity. It's not even like these things are going to be an extremely limited quantity or anything like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page