Acura NSX vs. McLaren 570S - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-19-2016, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

Acura NSX vs. McLaren 570S

No drag races, just a quick comparison guide. The McLaren is faster, not on paper but due to power to weight. In my opinion though, dollar for dollar, it's actually a tough choice. I know there's already a thread on this but here's a video for it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-19-2016, 07:13 PM

When it comes to sales volume I believe the McLaren will sell better since you often find people buying based on image rather than features. Showing up to the country club, business meeting, mansion party, etc. in a McLaren will surely get you more attention than the Acura although like the McLaren it too is a looker.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-21-2016, 10:06 AM

McLaren does have more of a premium reputation behind it and a very aggressive look so it'll sell more. The NSX could do better, but the curb weight is holding it back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-21-2016, 12:12 PM

Well that's definitely the main selling point. The McLaren carries that widely known prestige that a $200k Acura wont. I'm kind of questioning the long-term reliability between the two though. I'm sure maintenance would be cheaper on the NSX though.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 10:34 AM

The McLaren may be faster but that's not really that great of an asset as neither of them are race specific cars and the NSX electric engine is not there to add a ton of power but to add torque at low rpms.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWing View Post
Well that's definitely the main selling point. The McLaren carries that widely known prestige that a $200k Acura wont. I'm kind of questioning the long-term reliability between the two though. I'm sure maintenance would be cheaper on the NSX though.
If your spending money in this segment and maintenance is your concern, you have bigger problems to deal with and should settle for something else, or your understanding of required maintenance is flawed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page