NSX Could Spawn More Models - Page 3 - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-31-2016, 09:06 AM

Can't really compared the two since one is a sedan and the NSX is not but, I have to admit that the P100D numbers looks exceptional especially the acceleration time from a dead stop. Maybe Honda will try to hit similar performance and electric range numbers as the Tesla. I can actually see them take apart the Model S and use it for a benchmark car like they did with the Ferrari.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-31-2016, 11:56 AM

Honda doesn't need to, and they shouldn't, they just need to do what ever is true to the NSX or fits its overall characteristics. Tesla is good for straight line performance but the NSX can excel in other areas more important to it.
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 08:20 AM

I'm not too sure, I think using products from Tesla, the only full electric vehicle company, would be a great idea to use for research and development. There's always tons to learn, and they do produce impressive numbers in terms of range to performance. It wouldn't hurt at all to include the Tesla as a benchmark vehicle, it can only work out in their benefit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 09:17 AM

They won't really have to cut open a Tesla anyways, I think their patents are available for others to use. Would be good to use their Ludicrous mode as a benchmark and their electric range is impressive. Of course Acura will change some things to make it their own and improve the car's handling.

post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 12:50 PM

Even if they have to "cut open" one, it's still worth the effort, just have to look at the ROI on it and there's no question about what it will do for them. I bet if you look into it more you'll be surprised at the sort of things car makers do when it comes to R&D.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page