Japan Gets Special Accessories - 2016+ Acura NSX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 09:10 AM Thread Starter

Japan Gets Special Accessories

Japan is the hub of accessories and mods so Honda is giving them what they want.
-new wheels in different colors
-indoor body cover
-AC100V power charger for the battery
-carpets
-"NSX" illuminated door sills

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 09:27 AM

I think the door sills are a nice touch, I just like anything illuminated to be honest. But the wheels I don't think will go well with the vehicle.. maybe I just need to see them on the car ?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 01:41 PM

As cool as those wheels are, there's nothing cool about making it seem like you have center bolt wheels. At that point I rather go aftermarket with something different, unique that's not trying to be something its not. Might be time to start an aftermarket wheel thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 10:48 PM

Apart from the wheels, all the rest are available here.

And the wheels would most likely be available to purchase eventually, although they might be pricey.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-31-2016, 08:51 AM

As nice as matching wheels are, in terms of color, the center plaque is just too big and the rest of the design is nothing special. I was expecting more from honda when it comes to the Japanese market but maybe they know that owners will just go to the aftermarket anyways.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-31-2016, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
Apart from the wheels, all the rest are available here.

And the wheels would most likely be available to purchase eventually, although they might be pricey.
Odds are it will be around the same price your average high quality aftermarket wheel from a proper company will go for, another reason why I would go after market. Plus you'll have more options, can choose your width, offset, etc.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 08:10 AM

Definitely rather spend like $4-$5k on a set of bespoke wheels. Can literally make it exactly what I want and I'm sure it won't be far off from the price of those wheels above.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 09:07 AM

For $5k, you can design your own wheels and have a company machine a set for you. No matter the model or brand, accessories and add on like the ones listed ahve inflated prices and they do not always look the best.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWing View Post
Definitely rather spend like $4-$5k on a set of bespoke wheels. Can literally make it exactly what I want and I'm sure it won't be far off from the price of those wheels above.
You might be lucky to spend that much out the door unless you go used or with some brand like Vossen. But if you go HRE... double that price.

Then you have to factor in tires, have you started to think about what tires you want to get?
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 02:30 PM

I think you can make a nice set of luxury abstract wheels for like $6-7k that are really nice.

But tires wise, I'm always leaning towards Yokohama AD08Rs or something within that spec.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2016+ Acura NSX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page